Drinking Water from an Earthen Pot
Have you ever wondered why some people prefer to drink water from an earthen pot rather than a plastic bottle or a metal flask? In this blog post, we will explore the benefits of drinking water from an earthen pot and how it can improve your health and well-being. wellhealthorganic.com:some-amazing-health-benefits-of-drinking-water-from-an-earthen-pot
What is an Earthen Pot?
An earthen pot is a clay vessel that is used to store and cool water. Earthen pots are also known as matkas, surahis, or ghadas in different parts of India. They are usually handmade by local potters using natural clay and water. Earthen pots have been used for centuries in many cultures around the world as a traditional way of storing and drinking water.
Also Read – 10 Best Face Wash for Men For This Summer
Why Drink Water from an Earthen Pot?
Drinking water from an earthen pot has many advantages over other types of containers. There are many Health Benefits of Drinking Water from an Earthen Pot. Here are some of them:
- It keeps the water cool and fresh: Earthen pots have tiny pores that allow air to circulate through them. This helps to keep the water cool and fresh even in hot weather. The clay also absorbs some of the heat from the water and releases it into the air, creating a natural cooling effect. Drinking cool water can help to quench your thirst, hydrate your body, and prevent heatstroke.
- It improves the taste and quality of the water: Earthen pots also act as natural filters that remove impurities and harmful chemicals from the water. The clay minerals in the pot add a subtle earthy flavour to the water, making it more palatable and refreshing. Drinking clean and tasty water can help to improve your digestion, metabolism, and immunity.
- It preserves the natural minerals and pH balance of the water: Earthen pots do not alter the natural composition of the water as plastic or metal containers do. They retain the essential minerals and electrolytes that are present in the water, such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sodium. These minerals are vital for maintaining your bone health, muscle function, nerve transmission, and fluid balance. Earthen pots also maintain the pH balance of the water, which is important for preventing acidity and inflammation in your body.
- It reduces plastic waste and environmental impact: Earthen pots are eco-friendly and biodegradable alternatives to plastic bottles or metal flasks. They do not contain any harmful chemicals or toxins that can leach into the water or pollute the environment. They also reduce plastic waste and carbon footprint by avoiding the use of disposable bottles or energy-intensive refrigeration. By choosing to drink water from an earthen pot, you are not only benefiting your health but also supporting local artisans and protecting the planet.
- It cools the water naturally: Earthen pots have tiny pores on their surface that allow water to evaporate quickly. This lowers the temperature of the water inside the pot and makes it refreshing and soothing to drink. Unlike refrigerated water, which can cause throat irritation and cough, earthen pot water is gentle on the throat and prevents sunstroke.
- It alkalizes the water: Earthen pots are made of clay, which is alkaline in nature. When water is stored in an earthen pot, it interacts with the clay and balances the pH level of the water. This helps to reduce acidity and gastric problems in the body, as most of the foods we eat are acidic and create toxins.
- It boosts metabolism and digestion: Earthen pot water is rich in minerals and nutrients that are beneficial for the body. Drinking earthen pot water every day can improve your metabolism and digestion, as the minerals help to break down food and absorb nutrients. Earthen pot water also helps to detoxify the body by flushing out toxins and waste.
- It purifies the water: Earthen pots have natural antimicrobial properties that can kill harmful bacteria and viruses in the water. The porous texture of the clay also acts as a filter and removes impurities and contaminants from the water. Earthen pot water is therefore safer and cleaner to drink than tap water or bottled water.
- It enhances the taste: Earthen pots impart a subtle earthy flavour to the water that makes it more palatable and satisfying. The clay also preserves the natural taste and aroma of the water, unlike plastic or metal containers that can alter or spoil the quality of the water. Earthen pot water is therefore more enjoyable and refreshing to drink.
- It is eco-friendly and sustainable: Earthen pots are made of natural materials that are biodegradable and recyclable. They do not require electricity or chemicals to cool or purify the water. They also reduce plastic waste and pollution, as they can be reused for a long time. Earthen pots are therefore a green and ethical choice for drinking water.
Also Read – Can Constipation Cause High Blood Pressure?
Drinking water from an earthen pot is a simple and effective way to improve your health and well-being. It can help you stay hydrated, alkalized, detoxified, refreshed, and satisfied. It can also help you protect the environment and support local artisans who make these pots. So, get yourself an earthen pot today and enjoy its many benefits!
How to Use an Earthen Pot?
Using an earthen pot is simple and easy. Here are some tips to follow:
– Before using a new earthen pot, soak it in water for a few hours to seal any cracks or leaks.
– Fill the pot with clean water and cover it with a cloth or a lid to prevent dust or insects from entering.
– Place the pot in a cool and shady place away from direct sunlight or heat sources.
– Change the water every day or every two days to keep it fresh and avoid bacterial growth.
– Clean the pot regularly with a soft brush or cloth and mild soap or baking soda. Rinse it well with water and let it dry completely before refilling it.
– If you notice any cracks, chips, or mold on the pot, discard it and get a new one.
Drinking water from an earthen pot is a healthy and sustainable practice that can enhance your physical and mental well-being. It can help you stay hydrated, refreshed, and energized throughout the day. It can also help you reduce your environmental impact and support local communities. So why not give it a try and see for yourself how drinking water from an earthen pot can make a difference in your life?